Is there training involved? If so, what kind?
Daycare staff reinforce positive behaviors throughout the day. While participating in daycare, dogs are encouraged to exhibit appropriate play styles, to respond to their name quickly, and practice basic obedience and manners.
Practicing Recall – Staff call dogs’ names during play and ask them to come.
Positive Reinforcement – Pats and cuddles to reward appropriate behaviors.
Rough Play – Staff use time-outs to demonstrate that certain behaviors are not tolerated while playing. For example: guarding toys, bullying, mounting, excessive mouthing, excessive barking, etc. Time outs are also used to provide dogs some time to calm themselves down in order to prevent over-excitement. During a time-out dogs are placed in the entry holding area or moved to the kennel.
DoGone Fun offers many training programs to help with obedience, socialization or specialized concerns. For more information, ask to speak with our behaviorist, Judit.
More Daycare FAQs
- How does daycare benefit my dog?
- How does daycare benefit me?
- How do I know if daycare is appropriate for my dog?
- Are there any breed restrictions at DoGone Fun?
- Why didn’t my vet tell me to get a Bordatella vaccination and/or a fecal exam?
- My dog has had the kennel cough (Bordatella) vaccine and still came down with kennel cough at another facility. Do they really need it?
- Why do you require that I spay/neuter my dog before allowing them to participate, even if he/she is a nice dog?
- What is a temperament assessment?
- Is there a charge for the assessment?
- What if my dog doesn’t pass the assessment?
- Do you charge extra for feeding my dog or administering medications?
- Should I bring my dog’s food from home or do you provide food?
- How are dogs separated in the play lots?
- Do you offer any discounts on daycare?
- What do the dogs do while they’re at daycare?
- What if my dog doesn’t like to play with other dogs?
- Do the dogs really rest during nap time?
- If they have a nap, why does my dog come home so tired?
- Is there training involved? If so, what kind?
- Can my dog be trained while they are at daycare?
- Can my dog be injured at daycare?
- What do you do if a dog gets sick or injured?
- Where does my dog go to the bathroom?
- Will my dog start going to the bathroom in the house because they do it here?
- How do you keep your facility clean?
- Why do you charge more than some other daycare facilities?
- Can I watch my dog play?
- Are there specific drop off/pick up hours for daycare?
- There is a lot of barking when I drop off my dog. Is it always like this?
- Are dogs on the play lot all day?