Dog Day Care
When your dog needs some companionship and excitement during the day while you’re at work, dog daycare offers a great option. DoGone Fun provides doggy daycare services in the Chicago area.
What Is Dog Daycare?
Dog daycare provides dogs with a safe place to spend time while away from their owners. This is a good solution when you need to be at work several hours a day. At doggy daycare, your dog can make new friends and receive plenty of playtime to prevent boredom.
Why Choose DoGone Fun for Dog Daycare?
Dog daycare at DoGone Fun allows your dog to play for several hours a day in outdoor and indoor play areas that total 5,000 square feet. We offer a safe play area with no aggressive dogs around, and we typically have multiple staff members supervising dogs at all times. Our staff members have experience handling different dog breeds and behaviors. They also take time to get to know each dog and become familiar with their personality. Our facility offers webcam access all day, as well as convenient hours between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Late pickup times until 10 p.m. are available during the week.
What Are the Requirements of Dog Daycare?
At DoGone Fun, we have a few dog day care requirements that dogs must meet in order to be able to use our daycare services. All dogs have to pass an assessment test that helps determine if their temperament is suitable for a dog daycare setting. This helps ensure that all dogs in our daycare groups are safe while playing with other dogs.
Another requirement is that all dogs that are at least six months old have to be spayed or neutered. This is also a safety measure that helps reduce the risk of aggression and other behavioral problems among the dogs that play in our dog daycare groups.
Keep in mind that the city of Chicago and the state require dogs to have specific up-to-date vaccines, such as the rabies vaccine. We also have vaccine requirements for our daycare dogs. All dogs should have current vaccinations for certain diseases, such as distemper, bordetella (kennel cough) and parvovirus. We require proof of current vaccinations, along with fecal exam results that are negative for parasites within the past 12 months. Dogs must also have a valid city dog license if you live in Chicago.
What Can I Expect from DoGone’s Doggy Daycare Program?
Doggy daycare programs at DoGone Fun follow a rough schedule, although some details might change for different dogs. In general, you can expect the following for your dog:
- One of our play lot attendants comes over to meet your dog when you drop them off in the morning.
- We serve breakfast at 8 a.m. for boarding dogs. Your daycare dog can also have breakfast at this time if it’s part of the usual routine at home. After eating, our dogs head back to the play lot to run around.
- During the day, some daycare dogs attend several training sessions that are kept short.
- At noon, we serve lunch to boarding dogs and any daycare dogs who normally have a lunchtime meal.
- During the afternoon, we have a naptime for dogs to give them a chance to rest. This helps prevent them from becoming overstimulated, especially if they are with us all day long.
- Grooming services, such as baths, typically take place in the middle of the afternoon. You can arrange to have your dog groomed beforehand if needed.
- We serve dinner between 5 and 6 p.m. for boarding dogs and daycare dogs who need their evening meal before being picked up.
- Your dog is ready to be picked up at the end of the day. We offer late pickup times and walks home for dogs that live within a certain distance.
We provide services for pet owners throughout Chicago. Our doggie daycare facility is a central location right in the middle of Chicago’s South Loop. Some of the areas we serve include the following:
- East Pilsen
- Heart of Chicago
- Hyde Park
- Near South Side
- Prairie District
- South Loop
- University Village
How Much Does Dog Daycare Cost?
The cost of dog daycare varies depending on the exact services you get and other factors, such as how many dogs you have. Keep in mind that DoGone Fun offers different packages for dog daycare, including intro, half-day and full-day packages. We also offer a discount when you sign multiple dogs up for our dog daycare services. Late pickup times are available for a small fee per hour. You can also add our other services to your dog daycare experience, such as grooming services and dog training classes.
If you’re looking for dog daycare in Chicago for your pup, contact DoGone Fun today to schedule an assessment test.