Why didn’t my vet tell me to get a Bordatella
vaccination and/or a fecal exam?
Most vets will ask owners if they plan to take their dog(s) to daycare or parks and plan vaccinations accordingly. If an owner doesn’t take their dog to dog facilities or dog parks, baseline vaccinations are only Rabies and DHLPP. Fecal exams are otherwise typically only administered if there is an on-going digestive issue.
More Boarding FAQ
- May I tour your facility?
- Why are DoGone Fun rates more expensive than other kennels?
- What is required for my dog to come for boarding?
- My dog has had the kennel cough (Bordatella) vaccine and still came down with kennel cough at another facility. Do they really need it?
- What is a temperament assessment?
- Is there a charge for the assessment?
- What if my dog doesn’t pass the assessment?
- Can I watch my dog play?
- Can my dogs stay together?
- Can I bring my own food?
- Should I bring his favorite toy or blanket?
- My dog has special needs, can Dogone Fun staff administer medications?
- Can my dog be trained while he/she is boarding?
- Where does my dog go to the bathroom?
- How do you keep your facility clean?
- What happens when a pet becomes ill?
- Do you have someone on site 24 hours?
- What are your check-in/check-out times?