Can my dog be trained while he/she is boarding?
Absolutely. This is a wonderful way to have your dog trained. Our behaviorist, Judit, will work with your dog on basic training or specific issues while your dog is here for boarding. She will take your dog out of daycare several times during the day to work with them per your request. It is best to have multiple, shorter sessions throughout the day to practice/rehearse new behaviors. In between your dog will have the opportunity to play and/or relax.
More Boarding FAQ
- May I tour your facility?
- Why are DoGone Fun rates more expensive than other kennels?
- What is required for my dog to come for boarding?
- Why didn’t my vet tell me to get a Bordatella vaccination and/or a fecal exam?
- My dog has had the kennel cough (Bordatella) vaccine and still came down with kennel cough at another facility. Do they really need it?
- What is a temperament assessment?
- Is there a charge for the assessment?
- What if my dog doesn’t pass the assessment?
- Can I watch my dog play?
- Can my dogs stay together?
- Can I bring my own food?
- Should I bring his favorite toy or blanket?
- My dog has special needs, can Dogone Fun staff administer medications?
- Where does my dog go to the bathroom?
- How do you keep your facility clean?
- What happens when a pet becomes ill?
- Do you have someone on site 24 hours?
- What are your check-in/check-out times?